Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 190
  1. Collapse Details
     
    #21
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,826
    Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower
    Quote Originally Posted by tafnut
    Well said, I just wish the pruriently interested posters on dyestat/letsrun/etc. could see that their 'no-harm-intended' posts DO harm.
    It's not the posts on Dyestat and letsrun that are a problem. I mean she gets comments on Dyestat, but it is fairly tame, and at least it is usually from kids her age. Nothing too awful flies on letsrun either, at least not compared to some of the other sites out there.
    You won't want to hear this, but the nasty site that came up for me had a pic titled "the picture that started it all" and it has "polevaultpower.com" pasted across it.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by gh
    Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower
    Quote Originally Posted by tafnut
    Well said, I just wish the pruriently interested posters on dyestat/letsrun/etc. could see that their 'no-harm-intended' posts DO harm.
    It's not the posts on Dyestat and letsrun that are a problem. I mean she gets comments on Dyestat, but it is fairly tame, and at least it is usually from kids her age. Nothing too awful flies on letsrun either, at least not compared to some of the other sites out there.
    You won't want to hear this, but the nasty site that came up for me had a pic titled "the picture that started it all" and it has "polevaultpower.com" pasted across it.

    BINGO. "Heal thyself" comes to mind here.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Zat0pek
    I can't speak for dyestatcal because I never look at it, but Dyestat usually pulls that stuff in a heartbeat. I've seen much, much worse stuff on letsrun than I've ever seen on dyestat. Case in point is that the hotness thread fixated on Stokke is still there.
    Au contraire. Do a search on Dyestat and you'll find some vile stuff. Sophomoric, but still vile.

    Also noted on dyestat is that Stokke's popularity is mentioned in ESPN Magazine this week.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Posts
    12,025
    Quote Originally Posted by malmo

    BINGO. "Heal thyself" comes to mind here.
    You've got to be kidding.

    Imagine that - a picture of a pole vaulter, and a damn good one at that, on a pole vault website. And you infer it is of the same level as the "hotness" thread on letsrun as far as stirring this pot?
    There are no strings on me
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Zat0pek
    Quote Originally Posted by malmo
    WHAT posts on Letsrun?

    Weldon allowed one so-called "hottness" thread recently and had to shut it down when it went down the path that some of us warned him it would.
    I'm sure that's the thread that was the problem, malmo. She was the centerpiece, so to speak. And I think that thread is still there; wejo just closed so people couldn't keep posting on it and bringing it back to the top.

    EDIT: Yep, it's still there. I just searched for her name and it pulls up the whole thread. All wejo did was lock it so it couldn't be brought to the top, but the whole thread is there.
    .
    That thread wasn't started until this year (and there are NO others, zero, nada, zip), it couldn't have been "THE" problem.

    If you have a problem with it you should voice your concerns and write Wejo, his email address is not a secret. I've done so many times about this subject. I'd appreciate the support.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    KC metro area
    Posts
    1,332
    Quote Originally Posted by malmo
    If you have a problem with it you should voice your concerns and write Wejo, his email address is not a secret. I've done so many times about this subject. I'd appreciate the support.
    I did once quite some time ago, but I will again.

    BTW, there's now a thread on letsrun about the article now titled "Something for the trolls to think about."
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Posts
    12,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Zat0pek
    BTW, there's now a thread on letsrun about the article now titled "Something for the trolls to think about."
    And it's already going south in a hurry.
    There are no strings on me
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by guru
    Quote Originally Posted by malmo

    BINGO. "Heal thyself" comes to mind here.
    You've got to be kidding.

    Imagine that - a picture of a pole vaulter, and a damn good one at that, on a pole vault website. And you infer(sic) it is of the same level as the "hotness" thread on letsrun as far as stirring this pot?
    I'm not INFERRING*(sic) anything. I'm saying clearly and directly it is the same. If you post photos of young girls on polevaultpower in clearly provocative poses, you are as much the problem as the drooling punks who disrespect those girls with vulgar comments.

    *tracknut is the TOE, he can teach you the difference between imply and infer.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #29
    There's something vaguely ridiculous about this thread. We have a bunch of, um, mature guys, frantically googling and searching, looking for dirt.

    Am reminded of the old joke about the lady who calls the cops because there's a naked man parading in front of his window in the next appartment:

    Lady: It's horrible, officer! He's right over there.

    Officer (looks out lady's window): Ma'am, I don't see a naked man.

    Lady: Here, stand on this chair. :wink:
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Zat0pek
    Quote Originally Posted by malmo
    If you have a problem with it you should voice your concerns and write Wejo, his email address is not a secret. I've done so many times about this subject. I'd appreciate the support.
    I did once quite some time ago, but I will again.
    Please do so again.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •