Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru
    This just in - attractive, high acheiving young women, whether it be in movies, music, or athletics, get attention. :shock: How they handle it will determine if they become like Allyson Felix or Britney Spears. Alot of it has to do with what kind of home life they have, and near as I can tell Stokke will do just fine, just like Felix has.
    Well said, I just wish the pruriently interested posters on dyestat/letsrun/etc. could see that their 'no-harm-intended' posts DO harm.

2. Collapse Details

of course she will probably do just fine but there is always the tiny possibilty that the pressure will cause her mental distress too.
    Young girls and women are very good at hiding their feelings until they can't handle it any more.

A comment that may seem casual and harmless to the one who says it can have a real effect on the recipient who may appear to laugh it off.
    I have had many young women confide in me and trust me it is often the girls who appear the most confident and well adjusted who harbour real insecurities.
    I am NOT saying this is the case for Stokke-I have no idea. I am simply pointing out that this kind of emphasis on her looks and the crude comments directed her way could have a negative impact on her. Especially when it is splashed all over the internet.
    (and that doesn't mean I think young women don't enjoy compliments or try to look pretty for guys- it is when that is pretty well all they are admired for that problems can occur.

I honestly don't think most men get it though. Even men who are wonderful coaches to females do not get the whole picture-the women will not open up to them completely.

3. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by trackstar
    I'd chalk it up just as much to dirty old men. Yes, doing a google search on Stokke reveals that there are a whole lot of creepy losers out there.

If you actually looked at some of the google material that pops up about her, primarily the various non-track message board fodder, you'd see her "fans" are hardly just "dirty old men". In fact, the "dirty old/young women" seem to "like" her just as much, if not more. Believe it.
    There are no strings on me

4. Collapse Details

I suspect that -- in most cases -- members of the MySpace/Facepage generation have tougher hides about Internet content than some of you give them credit for. Non-net, in person, conduct on the other hand is a very different matter.

5. Collapse Details

Administrator
    ....If you actually looked at some of the google material that pops up about her, primarily the various non-track message board fodder, you'd see her "fans" are hardly just "dirty old men". In fact, the "dirty old/young women" seem to "like" her just as much, if not more. Believe it.
    I'm not going to feed the fire by publishing any addresses, but in my googling, the first site that came up featured prominent headline that said "barely legal." Sexual predators are sexual predators; irrelevant sex or age of the perpetrator.

6. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by tafnut
    Well said, I just wish the pruriently interested posters on dyestat/letsrun/etc. could see that their 'no-harm-intended' posts DO harm.
    It's not the posts on Dyestat and letsrun that are a problem. I mean she gets comments on Dyestat, but it is fairly tame, and at least it is usually from kids her age. Nothing too awful flies on letsrun either, at least not compared to some of the other sites out there.

7. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by gh
    ....If you actually looked at some of the google material that pops up about her, primarily the various non-track message board fodder, you'd see her "fans" are hardly just "dirty old men". In fact, the "dirty old/young women" seem to "like" her just as much, if not more. Believe it.
    I'm not going to feed the fire by publishing any addresses, but in my googling, the first site that came up featured prominent headline that said "barely legal." Sexual predators are sexual predators; irrelevant sex or age of the perpetrator.
    And a minimal amount of research reveals that she is not "legal" in any of those pictures. She only turned 18 quite recently.

8. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by gh
    Sexual predators are sexual predators; irrelevant sex or age of the perpetrator.
    Exactly the point I was making. Others made it out to be only "dirty old men".
    There are no strings on me

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower
    Quote Originally Posted by tafnut
    It's not the posts on Dyestat and letsrun that are a problem. I mean she gets comments on Dyestat, but it is fairly tame, and at least it is usually from kids her age. Nothing too awful flies on letsrun either, at least not compared to some of the other sites out there.
    WHAT posts on Letsrun?

Weldon allowed one so-called "hottness" thread recently and had to shut it down when it went down the path that some of us warned him it would.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by malmo
    WHAT posts on Letsrun?

Weldon allowed one so-called "hottness" thread recently and had to shut it down when it went down the path that some of us warned him it would.
    I'm sure that's the thread that was the problem, malmo. She was the centerpiece, so to speak. And I think that thread is still there; wejo just closed so people couldn't keep posting on it and bringing it back to the top.

EDIT: Yep, it's still there. I just searched for her name and it pulls up the whole thread. All wejo did was lock it so it couldn't be brought to the top, but the whole thread is there.

I can't speak for dyestatcal because I never look at it, but Dyestat usually pulls that stuff in a heartbeat. I've seen much, much worse stuff on letsrun than I've ever seen on dyestat. Case in point is that the hotness thread fixated on Stokke is still there.