Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 156 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gm
    And tandfman, I would probably rather be kicked in the jimmies for 90 minutes than listen to that honk :twisted:
    I was gonna make a snarky comment but I'm preoccupied with the image of tandfman giving gm the Lou Groza treatment to the goonads for 90 minutes. Ouch... :shock:

cman

2. Collapse Details

it's been about 10 degrees above average ever since the beginning of december...

if it's global warming.....keep it coming...

seriously, it's all about the jet stream NOT dipping down from canada, and there's a persisent HIGH pressure. much like the bermuda high during the summer season...

not knowledgeable to know if the presence of the high has anyhting to do with global warming though

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cullman
    And tandfman, I would probably rather be kicked in the jimmies for 90 minutes than listen to that honk :twisted:
    I was gonna make a snarky comment but I'm preoccupied with the image of tandfman giving gm the Lou Groza treatment to the goonads for 90 minutes. Ouch... :shock:

cman
    Yeah, I was enjoying picturing that myself . . .
    :P :twisted: :wink:

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh
    Weather cycles, Chicken Hammy, weather cycles. What goes around, comes around, even in weather. Now if you could just get those damn volcanoes to stop spewing out gas at such a high level... :twisted:
    As a hard-core enviro-friendly, it pains me to say it, but this part of the equation is indeed, IMHO, being underplayed by the Chicken Little scientists of the world. While there's no doubt that man-made actions are exacerbating things at the moment, I remain not completely convinced that ole mother earth (the Gaia Hypothesis?) can still take care of herself far more than some would have you believe. Certainly assigning blame to homo sapiens for minor perturbations in microclimate (which is all we're really talking about here) is too drastic a step to be taking at this point.
    gh, that sums it up for me. Man has only been keeping spotty records for a few hundred years. The geologic record dates back millions of years. Earth underwent innumerable cycles of global warming and cooling and pole migration before humans evolved. Mans influence is infinitesimal compared to natural forces.
    There is global warming but it ain't our fault.

In 75 years, I have visited every US state, most of Canada, Central America and Western Europe. I have lived in OK, TX, KS, NM, CO,VA, AB, BC and Germany and sojourned long enough for a sampling of weather in half the remaining states.

On every day, in every year, in every season, in every one of those places, they were having unusual weather

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bad hammy
    Quote Originally Posted by cullman

cman
    Yeah, I was enjoying picturing that myself . . .
    :P :twisted: :wink:
    You guys don't understand. Even thought I said (apparently correctly) that gm would rather undergo 90 minutes of root canal than spend that time watching Al Gore's film, I never suggested that I would be the dentist. Nor would I particularly want to administer the alternative that he suggested. I am not a sadist. (I must admit, though, that I might enjoy luring gm into a movie theater under some pretense and then locking all the doors before he realizes that the Gore film is up next. )

6. Collapse Details

I always pack a pair of emergency knitting needles so I can gouge my eyes out in a theater...!

BTW, wasn't his film title more appropriate to his days as assistant muckety-muck?

7. Collapse Details

We're long overdue for global famine and pestilence.
    Knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy
    Whatever happened to the good old plagues of locusts and boils??!!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tafnut
    Whatever happened to the good old plagues of locusts and boils??!!
    Pesticides and antibiotics, or was that rhetorical?
    Knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance

10. Collapse Details

If you're in charge of arranging such things, could you please hold off another century or two.