Facts, Not Fiction

Page 142 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1553
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    Looks like it may skirt Puerto Rico, head for Atticus to say hello and then proceed across the state to greet me.
    I'm in Ft Myers where are you?

2. Collapse Details

Looks like it may skirt Puerto Rico, head for Atticus to say hello and then proceed across the state to greet me.
    If you would kindly pat it on the behind and send it back where it came from after you greet it, that would be great.

3. Collapse Details

Would it be rude of me to tell it, thanks, but no thanks.
    I've got my yard just as I want it now and don't need any more 'landscaping' thank you. Just in the last two years I've had several large trees removed. No more.
    If anyone needs to come this way, I do have a nice guest room! Last year I thought that either I'd have to go to bambam's or he'd have to come to me.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyp View Post
    I'm in Ft Myers where are you?
    Northeast of Tampa

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Would it be rude of me to tell it, thanks, but no thanks.
    I've got my yard just as I want it now and don't need any more 'landscaping' thank you. Just in the last two years I've had several large trees removed. No more.
    If anyone needs to come this way, I do have a nice guest room! Last year I thought that either I'd have to go to bambam's or he'd have to come to me.
    I have two new neighbors who moved hear from parts north who I just got through training not to walk Fido next to the big ponds for safety reasons...."You mean there are alligators in there?" and this evening there was a small sense of panic in them upon hearing the news that Dorian may pack a wallop they have not experienced before.

6. Collapse Details

upon hearing the news that Dorian may pack a wallop they have not experienced before.
    Until you've experienced a Cat 3 or better, you're not ready for the wide-spread devastation. Seeing houses and cars swept away or crushed by huge trees (or floodwater up to the second floor) is demoralizing. I'm sure there are worse natural disasters (fire, tornado, earthquake), but hurricanes are bad enough.

7. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Meanwhile...

Burgundyís Vineyards Havenít Been This Hot Since the Black Death

French vintners havenít lived through such a succession of hot weather and dry harvests since at least the time of the Black Death in the 14th century.

Weather extremes that could now be considered normal for anybody under the age of 30 are unprecedented in historical records going back to when Europe was recovering from the pandemic that eviscerated the population. Thatís the conclusion of researchers who examined temperature, grape harvest and wage data dating back to 1354, according to a study in the European Geosciences Union journal Climate of the Past.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...mpression=true

8. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Meanwhile...

[i]Burgundy’s Vineyards Haven’t Been This Hot Since the Black Death

French vintners haven’t lived through such a succession of hot weather and dry harvests since at least the time of the Black Death in the 14th century.
    Unless you dial back the clock another 300 years and put yourself in the middle of the Medieval warm period.

The real interesting question is what role do such warming periods play in environmentally facilitating bacterial plagues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubonic_plague

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Warm_Period
    Last edited by user4; 08-29-2019 at 07:11 PM.

9. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Meanwhile...

Burgundy’s Vineyards Haven’t Been This Hot Since the Black Death

French vintners haven’t lived through such a succession of hot weather and dry harvests since at least the time of the Black Death in the 14th century.

Weather extremes that could now be considered normal for anybody under the age of 30 are unprecedented in historical records going back to when Europe was recovering from the pandemic that eviscerated the population. That’s the conclusion of researchers who examined temperature, grape harvest and wage data dating back to 1354, according to a study in the European Geosciences Union journal Climate of the Past.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...mpression=true
    Thoughts on rising temperatures and California's wine industry

https://www.sfchronicle.com/wine/art...e-14102743.php

10. Collapse Details

Dorian could become a Cat 4. Keep safe, everyone.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ory-4-n1047736