Facts, Not Fiction

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Meanwhile, Jeopardy will be making a return to Polish TV. The Polish version debuted in 1996, but only survived for 7 years. It will be back on air starting in spring 2020.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

2. Collapse Details

The top 3 will meet in Jan to see who's the GOAT!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    The top 3 will meet in Jan to see who's the GOAT!
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...bc/4201669002/
    January 7-8, 2020 ABC primetime. I'll certainly be watching.

4. Collapse Details

Not a two-day tournament:
    The GOAT tournament will be anything but typical: It consists of a series of two back-to-back games, airing weeknights (8 EST/PST) beginning Jan. 7. The player with the most combined winnings from the two games wins the “match,” and the play continues on successive nights (except Monday) until one of them has won three matches and takes home a $1 million prize. (The other finishers get $250,000 apiece). That means the tournament can last anywhere from three to seven days.

5. Collapse Details

Jennings and Rutter are a little past their glory days, so I'd expect James to win. It'd be an upset if he didn't.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by J Rorick View Post
    Jennings and Rutter are a little past their glory days.
    Do you think they know LESS than they did before. If anything, they are MORE formidable. The key will probably be JH's buzzer timing, so yes, I'd guess he's the favorite, but, then again, Rutter has never been beaten by a human.

7. Collapse Details

I don't get it. If a match consists of two games, and the tournament continues until one player has won three matches, how can the tournament possibly last only three days? Even if days 1&2 = one match, and days 2+3 = the second match, that's still only two matches. And why no Monday? Football?

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    I don't get it. If a match consists of two games, and the tournament continues until one player has won three matches, how can the tournament possibly last only three days? Even if days 1&2 = one match, and days 2+3 = the second match, that's still only two matches. And why no Monday? Football?
    I read it as one two-game match per day.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Merner521 View Post
    I read it as one two-game match per day.
    That's my take also. It sounds like each day will be an hour show. The first half hour will be a game of Jeopardy!. The second half hour will be another game of Jeopardy!. High total for the two games wins the match. That's the same as tournament finales.

10. Collapse Details

OK, I get it. I guess I had missed the fact that it was going to air at 8pm in network prime time. One-hour shows make sense then. Should be really good!