Facts, Not Fiction

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Meanwhile, I doubt if anyone will get tonight's FJ right. I hadn't a clue before I looked it up.

2. Collapse Details

How do you know in advance what tonight's FJ question is??????

3. Collapse Details

It's posted every weekday morning here:

https://www.jeopardy.com/games-more/...lue-of-the-day

Also appears in the print edition.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    Meanwhile, I doubt if anyone will get tonight's FJ right. I hadn't a clue before I looked it up.
    OK, I was wrong about that. One guy did get it, and he will be in the final against James and Emma. Should be fun.

5. Collapse Details

OK, I was wrong about that. One guy did get it, and he will be in the final against James and Emma. Should be fun.
    He's a physics teacher and the question was definitely in his wheelhouse. I'd never even heard of the barometer guy!

6. Collapse Details

Nor had I.

But tonight's FJ is in YOUR wheelhouse, Mr. TOE. (An easy one even for this non-TOE.)

7. Collapse Details

Nor had I.
    But tonight's FJ is in YOUR wheelhouse, Mr. TOE. (An easy one even for this non-TOE.)
    Made me look . . . and I am embarrassed to admit that it took me a while to come up with the answer (I actually had to race through the books), and I probably would not have written it down in time!!! I was functionally fixated on the word 'screed'.

Every time I think I should try out for the show (having tons of useless information in the dusty attic of my brain), I will watch an episode where I would just embarrass myself with answers that I'm so sure are right . . . and are not.

8. Collapse Details

I didn't even look at the books. I saw the last part of the clue and quickly put 2+2 together. I must say, though, that I often come up with right answer after thinking for more than 30 seconds.

I've got a lot of junk upstairs as well, but I have this total void in pop culture that would make it impossible for me to get on the show, much less do well.

9. Collapse Details

My failings are pop culture and literature .. and it seems to take longer for answer to get from my brain to my tongue than it used to.

10. Collapse Details

I have this total void in pop culture.
    We'd make a good tag team. My glaring weakness is high-brow kulcha: classical music/symphony, ballet, opera - and most Broadway stuff.