Facts, Not Fiction

1. Collapse Details
    Famous alum's views disavowed?
    One of the "twin towers" of some years back, says the Earth is flat. Is the school better known for track/football/baseball/basketball teams and players?

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by catson52 View Post
    One of the "twin towers" of some years back, says the Earth is flat. Is the school better known for track/football/baseball/basketball teams and players?
    Shaq will say anything for a laugh. Please don't take ANYthing he says seriously.
    LSU is a football school, first and foremost.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Shaq will say anything for a laugh. Please don't take ANYthing he says seriously.
    LSU is a football school, first and foremost.
    The school site often shows pics of famous alums, with Shaq figuring prominently. Perhaps the pronouncements of someone who got a major in "underwater basket weaving", should never be taken seriously.

4. Collapse Details

What's wrong with what he said?

5. Collapse Details

I think that in 2000 when Wisconsin was (also) an 8 seed they played LSU as a 1 seed and won by almost 20, with the team's star player getting almost no points and for the entire second half when he got the ball he got rid of it was quickly as possible because he was so completely shut down. Wisconsin gave a clinic on how to play the guy and though he left early, I think he played little in the NBA because he could not play when pressured. That was the year that started Wisconsin steak of consecutive tourneys (or was the second one); that team was so underrated (they made the Final Four, losing to the champion) that they did not even have an All-Big Ten player on the team.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    I think that in 2000 when Wisconsin was (also) an 8 seed they played LSU as a 1 seed and won by almost 20, with the team's star player getting almost no points and for the entire second half when he got the ball he got rid of it was quickly as possible because he was so completely shut down. Wisconsin gave a clinic on how to play the guy and though he left early, I think he played little in the NBA because he could not play when pressured. That was the year that started Wisconsin steak of consecutive tourneys (or was the second one); that team was so underrated (they made the Final Four, losing to the champion) that they did not even have an All-Big Ten player on the team.
    This probably belongs in the NCAA basketball thread but I presume you're referring to Stromile Swift? He hung around in the NBA for about 8 years although he didn't live up to his draft status as the 2nd pick in the draft.