Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. Collapse Details

You know it's a weak Saturday for college football when College Gameday visits an FCS school that it just visited last year. Anyway, anybody want to make any predictions for the Georgia-South Carolina game?

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    You know it's a weak Saturday for college football when College Gameday visits an FCS school that it just visited last year. Anyway, anybody want to make any predictions for the Georgia-South Carolina game?
    I had Georgia winning the game, I had no respect for that SC defense vs Gurley. I also thought Georgia was an all around better team...ah...nope!

Talk about the "classic" example of coming up flat after a big win.....USC. They were in no mood to play that game vs BC and it was real obvious. The body language gave it away.

Right now it looks like....Alabama, FSU, Oklahoma. Oregon....in that final four to me, obviously it's early and that might look silly a month from now but as of right now...hey. I do think that foursome would be the best for the college game because we have four of the stud conferences there. I don't wanna see two SEC teams playing for the National Title.

Todd Gurley is a great back but he's no Herschel Walker/Bo Jackson.

Under the radar is a 240 pound bully runing back James Conner out of Pitt (Tony Dorsett, Curtis Martin, Lesean McCoy). The guy is a bull, not postive but I think he's the nations leading rusher right now in Div I.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oHfZyPgdRE
    Last edited by Dixon; 09-15-2014 at 06:27 AM.

3. Collapse Details

We got the "world class speed" from Brent Musberger during the Florida/Kentucky game on Saturday Night. Andre Dubose returned a kick and Brent went into his act. Jesse Palmer tried to talk him down "I don't know....." but Brent said "Oh I know....".

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    Brent said "Oh I know....".
    Brent has timed out. When he started, he was atrocious; he got better, but now he has reduced his patter to a set of well-practiced cliches. Luckily, his BFF, Kirk Herbstreit, IS the real deal.
    Last edited by Atticus; 09-15-2014 at 11:19 PM.

5. Collapse Details

We got the "world class speed" from Brent Musberger during the Florida/Kentucky game on Saturday Night. Andre Dubose returned a kick and Brent went into his act. Jesse Palmer tried to talk him down "I don't know....." but Brent said "Oh I know....".
    10.46 (2009) in hs ain't bad.

6. Collapse Details

Every guy who ever ran track always has that "world class" speed, and it is humurous. Funny thing is we don't hear it nearly as much with those who sorta/kinda did like Holliday/Ford. I don't recall anyone ever mentioning the fact Homer Jones the old Giants receiver had special speed ( world class not a term used back then) and that he had once beaten Hayes in an NAIA 200m.

There is no NCAA player with "world class" speed and only Demps (if he lands on a team) Holliday and Ford in the NFL where "world class" is realistic.

Obviously none of them do now but we'll let that ride.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dixon View Post
    Under the radar is a 240 pound bully runing back James Conner out of Pitt (Tony Dorsett, Curtis Martin, Lesean McCoy). The guy is a bull, not positive but I think he's the nations leading rusher right now in Div I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oHfZyPgdRE
    Conner is the real deal and a very rare talent but I have to say, the vid also says something about the PITT OL.. and PITT seems to always have a great OL!
    Last edited by user4; 09-16-2014 at 08:24 PM.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    Conner is the real deal and a very rare talent but I have to say, the vid also says something about the PITT OL.. and PITT seems to always have a great OL!
    Conner is the second leading rusher in the nation.

Pitt has had a lot of great backs so yep, they have OL's.

Conner is actually 250 pounds. He appears to be the total package.