Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    Refs miss calls all the time. That doesn't mean miss it again. Could have even been different officials on the separate calls. Who knows? All most people know is that this particular call was the right call.
    Notre Dame TD on their 3rd drive. Phantom facemask on FSU as well as PI penalties and a bad spot on 3rd down. Stuff happens.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    That a foul is 'obvious' is a concept MOST people can wrap their brain around. The problem arises when you have an 'agenda' and then even the obvious is opaque to you.
    How are you going to accuse anyone of having and agenda when you see the entire world through garnet and gold tinted sunglasses? Have you forgotten that I was pulling for Florida State when they played Auburn in the championship game? Do you not remember me taking Dixon to task for being a sore loser?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    How are you going to accuse anyone of having and agenda when you see the entire world through garnet and gold tinted sunglasses? Have you forgotten that I was pulling for Florida State when they played Auburn in the championship game? Do you not remember me taking Dixon to task for being a sore loser?
    I didn't mean you you; I meant one you.
    MY team is Stanford. While my kids went to FSU, and the Noles are certainly a home-state favorite, I consider myself a fair-weather fan. When UF was hot, I rooted for them, even against FSU. But . . . I HATE ND with a burning passion, so yeah, I admit my agenda. To NOT see that that call was the correct one certainly suggests a blue-and-gold agenda. As was pointed out above, even all the game announcers agreed with the call.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    If it was that easy, why didn't they call a play earlier in the game just like it?
    Not the same. That's the way a pick play is supposed to be run. You can't grab a dude by his chest protector and drive him away from the intended reciever.

5. Collapse Details

I wonder if the breaking UNC scandal will spread and have an impact on the outcome of this season?