Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    US Men's AOTY (early bickering available)
    Could it be Justin Gatlin?? Would some people just digitally burn their TAFN's if so in protest?
    Or is it Rupp?
    The AR was awesome but finishing 10 seconds back (albeit in his second best event - doesn't seem to equate to Gatlin's world leader in his second best event).
    LaShawn? He's a fan's superhero for never backing down, but he's also lost..
    Or - is it one of our oft-overlooked SP'ers.

2. Collapse Details

Based on T&FN's criterion Gatlin should be leading at this moment...

Lots of time remaining.

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    tough question!

4. Collapse Details

If Gatlin takes down Bolt and goes 9.7x I think he will take it. Will they actually meet?

5. Collapse Details

Administrator
    My take is that at this point in Bolt's career (i.e., a year in which he is coming off injury and hasn't yet put up a really fast time), his advisors will have him steering way clear of Gatlin, who is clearly at the top of his game. The last thing you need when trying to sell an invincible icon is a loss. And at this point, it's all about the selling of Bolt,with no WC or OG to get in the way. (none of this is meant in a derogatory way, by the way; just the realities of shrewd sports marketing)

6. Collapse Details

There really isn't a lot of time remaining...3 Diamond League's all to wrap up within the next 2 weeks.

Gatlin is the front runner.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
    There really isn't a lot of time remaining...3 Diamond League's all to wrap up within the next 2 weeks.

Gatlin is the front runner.
    And Gatlin isn't entered in all of them, if any, is he?

Gatlin is the front runner by a large margin. He's in discussion for overall AOY, while Rupp, Merritt are after thoughts for that prize.

8. Collapse Details

USA men have not exactly covered themselves in glory this year, have they? Hardee maybe, but insufficient data pts. I'll have to go with Gatlin also.
    For wymyns it was Bowie (till yesterday), and now Simpson, and soytenly Ajee, but my nominee is USAian 100 Hurdlers in toto. Dominating!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    USA men have not exactly covered themselves in glory this year, have they? Hardee maybe, but insufficient data pts. I'll have to go with Gatlin also.
    For wymyns it was Bowie (till yesterday), and now Simpson, and soytenly Ajee, but my nominee is USAian 100 Hurdlers in toto. Dominating!
    That was going to be my second point - where are the american men? Women it's a deeper field - Bartoletta and Coburn could be added to Simpson and Ajee. simpson or Ajee get the US record and they may clinch.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by booond View Post
    That was going to be my second point - where are the american men? Women it's a deeper field - Bartoletta and Coburn could be added to Simpson and Ajee. simpson or Ajee get the US record and they may clinch.
    From an American standpoint if one is going to tone down a bit, rest and repair, this is the best year for it.