1. Collapse Details
    The Jimi Hendrix Story
    Saw this last night on Netflix, while I like most knew a lot about his story I learned a lot. I knew he was influensed by the old blues cats but didn't realize he was always a bluesman having to play what sold. He'd have preferred to play them blues.

Anyway, I highly recommend this flick. So many photos/interviews totally new to me.

2. Collapse Details

Must haves are the complete Hendrix performance at Monterey Pop Festival.....and his complete Woodstock performance.

Those are DVD's.

For CD's, besides all his studio albums, a must have is his 1968 Live at Winterland album.
    These are the closest you'll get to seeing (and hearing!!) Jimi in action.....as he really was!!

(I was blessed to have seen him at that Winterland show, plus 7 or 8 other nights at both Winterland and the Fillmore during my hippie days in SF.)

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by aaronk View Post
    Must haves are the complete Hendrix performance at Monterey Pop Festival.....and his complete Woodstock performance.

Those are DVD's.

For CD's, besides all his studio albums, a must have is his 1968 Live at Winterland album.
    These are the closest you'll get to seeing (and hearing!!) Jimi in action.....as he really was!!

(I was blessed to have seen him at that Winterland show, plus 7 or 8 other nights at both Winterland and the Fillmore during my hippie days in SF.)
    We saw a lot of that Monterey Pop Festivl performance in the movie.

I was a junior in HS, a buddy of mine was there in Monterey and saw it all. I'd see him a few days later and all he could talk about was this skinny black guitar player named Jimmy Hendricks...(or so I thought). That was my introduction to Jimi Hendrix. I own most his stuff but one of my favs is him on an acoustic guitar doing.... My Train Is Coming.

A once in a lifetime talent.