Thread: EC formcharts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by norunner View Post
    Sotomayor is spanish? I bet Castro will be furious.
    Oh wow, indeed. I was looking for the European HJ record, and somehow got lost...
    (I will know now that Sotomayor's WR's jump happened in Salamanca, Spain...)

2. Collapse Details

Thanks for all the compliments, and to our new posters, welcome aboard! I hope you'll enjoy this forum :)

Pity about Mohr scratching. One of the Brits might sneak on the formchart as #12 now, maybe Lewis.
    Last edited by LopenUupunut; 08-09-2014 at 04:16 PM.

3. Collapse Details

Great lists! And I quite like your prediction of 10 medals for Poland, even if I think you're underestimating Kasprzycka
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

4. Collapse Details

Fantastic formchart----better than some of T&FN's!!
    (Will add, like others, that I'm not familiar with most of the names!)

Happy to see Jessica Judd picked to medal.
    And 40 year old Jo Pavey picked high.
    But Morgan Lake just 10th in the HJ?
    (What if she finally makes that 1.97 she tried for TWICE (Hept & open HJ) at the WJC's?)
    Also happy to see you picked WJC Champion Anezka Drahotova relatively high.

If the Men's 5K doesn't have a prelim, that makes it easier for Farah & Co to run fast times!
    (Who am I kidding?!)

But if the Men's HJ Meet Record isn't broken (7-8.75), these athletes should be ashamed of themselves!!

5. Collapse Details

I'm surprised you didn't put Frenchman Salim Sdiri in your mLJ top 12 list. He did jump 8,35m (third European mark of the year) in June after all...

6. Collapse Details

Also noticed you don't have Justine Fedronic picked for the 800.
    She ran for Stanford, and has a close to 2:00 PR.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tamabi View Post
    I'm surprised you didn't put Frenchman Salim Sdiri in your mLJ top 12 list. He did jump 8,35m (third European mark of the year) in June after all...
    But neither he or Kafétien Gomis (who jumped 819 in the same meet) have come anywhere close to those marks elsewhere; their next-best jumps this year have been 796 and 775 respectively, even though they've both had plenty of competitions since. I pretty much ignore huge outliers like that. Sdiri was close to making the formchart (he'd probably have been #13, or #14 behind Elvijs Misāns); I could certainly imagine putting him at #11 or #12, but that would have been on the strength of his other results (like his 792 at Bad Langensalza, beating Gaisah, or his 796 at the French NCs) and not the 835.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronk
    Also noticed you don't have Justine Fedronic picked for the 800.
    She ran for Stanford, and has a close to 2:00 PR.
    She would probably have been #14 (with Angelika Cichocka at #13). She's had fast times in her last couple races (which is much better than having fast times in her first couple races and nothing since), but her best times have come in losing efforts, and she's 0-3 this year against the other French runner, Renelle Lamote. (She did beat Jessica Judd in May, but that was long ago and in a slow race.) There are several athletes ahead of her with inferior SBs, but I feel they can drop their times: Stambolova because she's Stambolova (and has yet to lose an 800 this year); Jóźwik based on Powell's comments about her; Büchel was 4th at the World Indoors and seems to be peaking at the right time (and will be competing at home); Gega is mostly a 1500 runner and doesn't run the 800 much, and her PB was a solo effort. I'd be surprised to see a similar improvement from Fedronic, but we'll see.
    Last edited by LopenUupunut; 08-09-2014 at 05:47 PM.

8. Collapse Details

I was wondering, whether I could post your formcharts on the German messageboard leichtathletikforum.com. We have a prediction game going and those formcharts would be useful.
    As not many users there are also registered here, they cannot access them directly on this board.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atanvarno View Post
    I was wondering, whether I could post your formcharts on the German messageboard leichtathletikforum.com. We have a prediction game going and those formcharts would be useful.
    As not many users there are also registered here, they cannot access them directly on this board.
    Go ahead, but use the updated versions I just posted.

10. Collapse Details

Thanks!
    xxxxxxxx