Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Amantle Montsho fails doping test after 400m final
    This one has genuinely stunned me. Literally one of the last top athletes I'd put in a suspicious list. I wonder if it's contaminated supplements as a lot of recent doping violations have been?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/commonw...games/28622841

2. Collapse Details

I didn't see this coming

3. Collapse Details

Nothing to get too excited. Its only a stimulant that is in many many suppliments that athletes take. Typical sentence is only a few months. Many athletes have been suspended over this "minor stimulant"

Maybe unbeknownst to you, most athletes do take some type of suppliments.

As has come out in alot of similar cases, most athletes were not aware it was in the suppliments they were taking because it was not clearly spelling out in the ingredients.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by zues2014 View Post
    Nothing to get too excited. Its only a stimulant that is in many many suppliments that athletes take. Typical sentence is only a few months. Many athletes have been suspended over this "minor stimulant"

Maybe unbeknownst to you, most athletes do take some type of suppliments.
    I know. Some don't however. Usain Bolt is on record for not taking supplements. The supplement industry is an industry of cowboys, I'd never, ever trust them if I was a professional athlete and my reputation and earnings where on the line.

However the chemicals found in her sample are also masking agents. That to me is raises the suspicion to more serious levels.

5. Collapse Details

Just saw a great tweet on this:

Michelle Sammet ‏@michellesammet Can already see the headlines: "Amantle dismantled"...

6. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by eldanielfire View Post
    I...
    However the chemicals found in her sample are also masking agents. That to me is raises the suspicion to more serious levels.
    According to the BBC link in the initial post, she had a stimulant positive; the masking-agent positives mentioned in the story were for the other Glasgow bannee.

7. Collapse Details

Thanks for pointing that out since I also didn't see that in the link as well.

As stated earlier, that "drug" she tested positive for is in alot of stimulants and is often mislabeled or not labeled at all.

Again typical sanction based on past cases is only a few months ban. She will be fine.
    Last edited by zues2014; 08-02-2014 at 03:05 PM.

8. Collapse Details

What amazes me is that her B sample has not been tested yet and her name is splashed all over the news unlike here in the US when months can go by after both the A and B sample have tested positive before information is "leaked".

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by zues2014 View Post
    What amazes me is that her B sample has not been tested yet and her name is splashed all over the news unlike here in the US when months can go by after both the A and B sample have tested positive before information is "leaked".
    I believe it's much harder in the middle of a championship with many countries media living and working only metres away from the doping controls to keep things wrapped up.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    According to the BBC link in the initial post, she had a stimulant positive; the masking-agent positives mentioned in the story were for the other Glasgow bannee.

Ah, they have edited the article and added more in. My mistake