Thread: CWG W100m

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Next time just Google the name of the athlete and the term iaaf.
    The profile of the athlete on the IAAF website is usually the top hit and it includes performances in major meets under the heading "Honours"
    in this case http://www.iaaf.org/athletes/austral...231690#honours

BTW It seems the only way to see the results on the Glasgow 2014 website is to open a link for each heat separately, and there's no link on the page of one particular heat to the next heat. Fairly annoying. Or is there another website that hosts the results?

2. Collapse Details

I didn't know who Breen was, I just was making a point that dodging other athletes in competition has positives and not only negatives. This is the best link I've found for results:
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/commonwealt...ics/2014-07-27
    Last edited by spammer; 07-27-2014 at 08:31 PM.

3. Collapse Details

If you'd spent any time in our lengthy Aussie thread(s) you'd be well aware of Breen. That 11.11 was a National Record and the one and only time she's beaten Pearson (I think it was the 26th time they've raced).

Breen typically gets a run at the Asian IAAF World Challenge meets (Osaka etc) and has run in 3rd tier European meets. Quite sensibly a 11.25-11.30 woman doesn't get into many Diamond League fields (unless she's a hometown ringer!).

She's been thereabouts for 4-5 years now (she ran 11.33 as an 18yo in 2008)

Breen hasn't done herself much justice in champs before, typically because (i) she's had to chase qualifying times right up to the wire and/or (ii) she's got sick/injured in the leadup. And because, in the end, she's more of a 11.25-11.35 runner rather than an 11.1 runner. If she makes the final here it'd be a very, very good results.
    Last edited by AS; 07-28-2014 at 08:30 AM.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LopenUupunut View Post
    If only there were some kind of Olympic database, like Sports-Reference, that covered all Olympic events and their participants and results. Or, failing that, an athlete database like Tilastopaja, keeping track of all notable athletes and their results in meetings across the world. Or, failing that, what if there were a more general resource like Wikipedia that would cover all major sporting events in detail!

Better still, imagine if the responsible official bodies (IOC and IAAF) kept records of Olympic results themselves, so we wouldn't have to rely on second-hand data!
    Thank God for Russian ladies from Twitter, who know all the results except those they don't.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MDelano View Post
    BTW It seems the only way to see the results on the Glasgow 2014 website is to open a link for each heat separately, and there's no link on the page of one particular heat to the next heat. Fairly annoying. Or is there another website that hosts the results?
    I had the same headache at first, but there are in fact links from any one heat to the next, though they're pretty well hidden; taking the women's 100 as an example, if you're on the results page for heat 1 you'll find a "Select Event" menu above the results, next to "Photo Finish" and "Qualification Standings", and you can find the other heats there.
    Last edited by LopenUupunut; 07-28-2014 at 10:25 AM.

6. Collapse Details

Thanks for the navigation tip. I was very frustrated chasing the results on there yesterday. Yet another reinvention of the Results wheel that was unnecessary.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Thank God for Russian ladies from Twitter, who know all the results except those they don't.
    I'll make sure to send Ms Elena Dyachkova your most heartfelt regards!!

BTW, here's her Twitter bio blurb:

@Oregon14WJC social media person, freelance T&F writer, MS in Sports Business candidate at NYU, SID assistant at @NYUAthletics

Oh yes.
    If you'd like to Tweet her yourself, her Twitter handle is @ElenaRusAthletx

Peace!

8. Collapse Details

I actually met her this year in Sopot, so yeah, you can say hi from me
    But as for looking for results, I think I'll continue doing that myself.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

9. Collapse Details

10. Collapse Details

First semi

1) Schillonie Calvert 11.08
    2) Asha Philip 11.21
    Last edited by shivfan; 07-28-2014 at 07:14 PM.
    My heart is still in the Caribbean....