1. Collapse Details
    World Junior Live Prediction Contest
    Letís see what track website has the best predictors! We have setup a World Junior Track & Field #BattleOfTheWebsites Live Prediction Contest!

Support the TrackAndFieldNews team and enter here: http://www.trackie.com/track-and-fie...rmation/12613/

2. Collapse Details
    Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamTrackie View Post
    Let’s see what track website has the best predictors! We have setup a World Junior Track & Field #BattleOfTheWebsites Live Prediction Contest!
    Support the TrackAndFieldNews team and enter here
    I'm in, tho most of my pix are either homers or right off the descending order list!

3. Collapse Details

I have Cain winning the 3000. We have to beat those letsrun idiots

4. Collapse Details

I'm in, looks like it is weighted in the Canadians advantage. Trackie has the most entrants.

Had to go with the Michigan boy Grant Fisher to medal in the 1500. If it's slow watch out for his kick.

5. Collapse Details

Only 8 of representing Track and Field News. I've gone for Cain as well given that Teferi doesn't seem to be entered

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tuariki View Post
    Only 8 of representing Track and Field News. I've gone for Cain as well given that Teferi doesn't seem to be entered

Not sure about Teferi.
    She's listed in the 1500 entries, but that list is a few days old.
    What's confusing is that nations are limited to TWO athletes per event.
    There's already 2 Ethiopians listed, so Teferi would be the 3rd, which means that one of them either can't run, or would have to switch to another event.....presumably Teferi back to the 3000.

As for Cain, I HOPE Teferi's in the 3000, so she might FORCE Cain to RUN......instead of jog & kick!
    Salazar needs to remove that leash from her, and tell her to emulate Emma Coburn & Jenny Simpson & Molly Huddle & Shalane Flanagan.......who never even HEARD of jog & kick races!!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by aaronk View Post
    As for Cain, I HOPE Teferi's in the 3000, so she might FORCE Cain to RUN......instead of jog & kick!
    Salazar needs to remove that leash from her, and tell her to emulate Emma Coburn & Jenny Simpson & Molly Huddle & Shalane Flanagan.......who never even HEARD of jog & kick races!!
    A jog and kick race is easily Cain's best chance. She can probably outkick the top Africans but in a sufficiently fast race they'll beat her.

As Powell noted in the WJC thread, the start list is now up, and Ethiopia only seems to have one entrant - Etagegn(e) Woldu, a 15:11 runner.
    Last edited by LopenUupunut; 07-24-2014 at 12:42 PM.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LopenUupunut View Post
    A jog and kick race is easily Cain's best chance. She can probably outkick the top Africans but in a sufficiently fast race they'll beat her.
    I'm not sure these particular African runners can really run the 3000 faster than Cain, or at least significantly faster.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...