Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Collapse Details

Jernner has zero obligation to tell the public anything (other than the fact that he's on a TV reality show!), but if you google his name, all you'll see is "rumors are" or "reportedly" he's doing this or that. It seems odd that he's doing zero damage control in all this.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    It seems odd that he's doing zero damage control in all this.
    Maybe there's a reason for that. All of these reports are keeping his name in the news, which could help his tv ratings or boost his fees for appearances. On the other hand, it may just be that there's substance to the rumors, in which case there's not much damage control he can do. If he denies the rumors, he's lying, and he knows the truth will eventually come out.

Either way, his best strategy may well be to do what he's doing about the rumors--ignoring them.

3. Collapse Details

In all seriousness, it is pretty much unprecedented for someone of his public stature to "transition". If all of this is true, he has the opportunity to serve as a role model/spokesperson for TG.

It is still mind-boggling but not at all unusual for a highly "masculine" male to do this. I had someone tell me a while back about a 6'+ male who worked for a top defense contractor and was a retired fighter jet pilot who showed up for work one day as a female.

4. Collapse Details

In the UK a very famous boxing promoter, Frank Maloney has just transitioned to Kellie. It was front page news

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/arti...ror-ragout.jpg

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...kellie-4042180

and she's had what seems to be universal acceptance.

2 weeks after the announcement she's entered the Big Brother house and is one of the favourites to win

On an everyday level it is obviously a significant problem but in the UK society seems very willing to accept and understand.

The fact that Frank was a homophobe and accused of racism seems to have been forgotten !!
    i deserve extra credit

5. Collapse Details

Bruce Jenner was a handsome, remarkable athlete. I do not know how he fell in with the Kardashian Klan, if that has contribted to his voluntary facial mutilation or if he is otherwise motivated ...but this is one of those things I can just shrug off.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    but this is one of those things I can just shrug off.
    Yeah, ultimately a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, even if that thing that the man's gotta do is not be a man anymore. :-)