Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    the official binge-watching thread
    Administrator
    (maybe this should be combined w/ the Hoffman addiction thread)

C'mon, with Netflix, On-Demand and iTunes, etc., now such a part of our everyday e-lives, who hasn't latched on to a previously unwatched TV series and discovered the guilty pleasure of running through a whole season in a day or two?

My latest—in anticipation of the late-February debut of season 2—has been Vikings. Delightful stuff.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: the official binge-watching thread
    Oh yeah.....I've done some "binge-ing"!
    I own a few sets or series.

Commander-in-Chief (TV series about 1st female President lasted 1 season ('05-'06) with 18 episodes. I've watched them all several times in the past few years! And still love it!)

Tell Me You Love Me (A controversial 1-season TV show--from 2007--about three couples & their sex, love, and angst-filled lives, who all see the same female shrink--Jane Alexander. I've only seen the whole series (10 fifty minutes episodes) once straight through. Too intense to get in the mood for!)

Girls (First 2 seasons. Watched all 20 episodes--10 from each season--in two nights! Only 25 minutes each episode, this one's fantastic! Will definitely sit through the whole thing again!!)

I also own the complete TV movie series of Tom Selleck playing Robert B Parker's Jesse Stone!
    Have seen all of them--Best to watch them consecutively!--a couple of times....and am right now in the process of doing so again!! Each of the 8 movies is 90 minutes, so that's 12 hours!!

3. Collapse Details
    Recently got through Justified in a week after having two snow days. Would highly recommend.

4. Collapse Details
    We knocked off all 43 (!) episodes of In Treatment over a couple of weeks, then did Game of Thrones Season 3 in day. Now we're powering through Orange is the New Black.

The only thing I'm pacing myself on is Season 1 of Brew Dogs, as there's only 7 episodes

5. Collapse Details
    Amateurs, i couple of years ago i did a 24 marathon weekend at my place, 24 S1-3 (wasnt time for more) on several screens, every phone including all cell phones had to have the 24 ringtone active, which was a lot of fun cause whenever a phone rang everyone not drunk or asleep kept checking their cells.
    World Champion

6. Collapse Details
    I did this with The Wire and West Wing box sets

I've just got Netflix and watching House of Cards but haven't had time to watch all in one night, i'm much too busy watching Judge Judy
    i deserve extra credit

7. Collapse Details
    Hats off to anyone with the stamina to do this. No matter how engrossing the fare, I tire of watching after about 2 hours and can't take any more that day. I have over 30 shows on my DVR right now, but can only knock off two per evening (only takes 1.5 hrs to watch two 1-hour shows), so I may remain behind till summer!

8. Collapse Details
    My wife has done this any number of times, watching them on her Kindle Fire tablet (aka "The Money Piti"). She got Into Breaking Bad late, went back and watched all of the old episodes. Same for Downton Abbey.

Me, I'm lucky to have enough time to read emails and keep up with the track news after working long days!

9. Collapse Details
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mump boy
    I've just got Netflix and watching House of Cards but haven't had time to watch all in one night, i'm much too busy watching Judge Judy
    I've so far resisted Netflix, but House Of Cards apparently may be enough to make me sign on. If it's half as good as the original (Ian Richardson in one of the most memorable TV rolls ever), it'll be worth it. I note that both versions get an 8.9 on IMDB.

Anybody seen both?

10. Collapse Details
    Where do ya'll find time for all these marathon watches? I have been "self-unemployed" for forty years and I can't even watch all the current/live stuff I would like. I think I had more leisure time when I had a 24/7 "job". :?