Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by einod23
    I had no idea of the extent of her struggles!
    ...just as the vast majority of the people here. It amazes me how people pronounce judgments without having a clue what's really going on.
    A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact.

Thomas Henry Huxley

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    ...just as the vast majority of the people here. It amazes me how people pronounce judgments without having a clue what's really going on.
    I've seen very little 'judgment' here. Lots of concern. We all have our issues. Most of us get to play them out under the cover of anonymity. Not Suzy. :-(

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I've seen very little 'judgment' here. Lots of concern. We all have our issues. Most of us get to play them out under the cover of anonymity. Not Suzy.
    I should have used a word "opinion" instead of "judgment".

Thomas Henry Huxley

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    I should have used a word "opinion" instead of "judgment".
    Opinions are always there. I have one. Given just the facts we do know, the only problem with having an 'opinion' is the degree with which one is familiar with this type of behavior, which, from a mental health perspective, is less a 'choice' than a identity issue. She 'needed some affirmation' and this is how she sought to receive it. We all need affirmation; it's just how we go about soliciting it that distinguishes the Suzys from other folks.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Opinions are always there. I have one. Given just the facts we do know, the only problem with having an 'opinion' is the degree with which one is familiar with this type of behavior, which, from a mental health perspective, is less a 'choice' than a identity issue. She 'needed some affirmation' and this is how she sought to receive it. We all need affirmation; it's just how we go about soliciting it that distinguishes the Suzys from other folks.
    The most important fact is a psych diagnosis that only her psychiatrist knows for certain. Without it, all of these amateur analyses are mere speculations. Let it go, please.

Thomas Henry Huxley