Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Game Of Thrones wraps another season {#6 now in the books}
    Administrator
    easily (for me) the weakest season yet, but the last episode, in keeping with other years, was holy-shit-over-the-top.

Another Stark (Snow) bites the dust?!

I just wish Cierce's "walk of shame" hadn't come to the public consciousness months ago so I could have been really shocked. I heard it cost something like $250,000 in security so they could film the public nudity without incident. Major balls by Lena Heady to accept a role like that!

Best of all, Arya gets oh-so-delicious revenge (who cares if it's served hot or cold?).
    Last edited by gh; 06-27-2016 at 10:37 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Episode before last, I thought the long stare down between the big enchilada White Walker and the departing Jon Snow was the season's highlight... no dialogue and completely riveting TV and probably foreshadowing more showdowns between those two.
    Now, if Snow is really croaked ya gotta wonder who will lead the charge against the forces of winter?

3. Collapse Details

Apparently she used a body double. I can't blame her. Now let's hope revenge is long and drawn out.

4. Collapse Details

The authors of the T.V.version are like fisherman, and they're playing the viewers as if we are fish. Does G.R.R. Martin even know where he is going with his story or is he dragging it out because he can't figure out what to do? Anyway, I have thoughts on Jon Snow. I'll let on if I'm correct or clueless after next season.

5. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyp View Post
    Apparently she used a body double. I can't blame her. Now let's hope revenge is long and drawn out.
    wow…. good CGI. Never even crossed my mind.

I've now read a story that Headey has so many tats that getting those out would have been a major CGI task too.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by KDFINE View Post
    The authors of the T.V.version are like fisherman, and they're playing the viewers as if we are fish. Does G.R.R. Martin even know where he is going with his story or is he dragging it out because he can't figure out what to do? Anyway, I have thoughts on Jon Snow. I'll let on if I'm correct or clueless after next season.
    The problem was that the books that this current series is based on (the fourth and fifth) are not as good as the first three. Further, some real good parts were left out and not so good part (e.g. Jaime's journey to Dorne) were introduced. Right now the TV series is roughly at the point that the books end.
    I suspect that Martin will continue with the TV story line and not the books as finishing the books is (by far) harder and less (financially) rewarding task. I hope that he will do a better job in writing scripts that are not book-based than this season.
    Finally, my bet - "dead is not dead"

7. Collapse Details

I've waited until after this season to read book 5. I don't know why because book 4 wasn't very good.

8. Collapse Details

There is a theory currently surfacing on the internets that Jon Snow is not really dead because his eyes seem to change color in the closing scene, indicating that he is waging out into a different body, most likely his big-bad-wolf soul mate.
    If you ever think you waste too much time posting here, just fish around a little bit online to remind yourself that there are millions of people out their somewhere who spend waaaay more time and energy posting fantastical insanity and take it all seriously!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jc203 View Post
    people out their somewhere who spend waaaay more time and energy posting fantastical insanity and take it all seriously!
    Sorta like we do here about T&F? ;-)

10. Collapse Details

Administrator
    4 weeks to go until season 6 begins!

latest opening ever, 4/24 (previous years were 4/17, 4/10, 3/31/, 4/06 and 4/12)