Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    The Oscar Pistorius Trial on ESPN3 Live
    The Oscar Pistorius Trial is live on ESPN3. I wanted to post it here so no one place it on the current event page.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: The Oscar Pistorius Trial on ESPN3 Live
    Quote Originally Posted by GHM
    The Oscar Pistorius Trial is live on ESPN3. I wanted to post it here so no one place it on the current event page.
    A murder trial on a sports channel. That makes sense. :?

3. Collapse Details
    If I am forced to endure one more discussion on the topic of anything related to this diabolical narcissist I'm going to shoot myself ! ...counting the days until he is convictedand executed.

4. Collapse Details
    God forbid they should show a real track meet! I'm gnashing teeth over the Universal Sports bullshit as I have for years, along with all of the others bitching and moaning on that thread. :evil:

5. Collapse Details
    user 4 there is no death penalty in South Africa so he will suffer even worse if convicted as he should be, life left in jail forever thinking of what he did.

Has anyone else noticed that not one other elite athlete has spoken up for him character wise? Reason is because he is such a bad guy. Very selfish individual I had a chance to be around a number of times and he had a 2-faced personality. I witnessed him blow up twice in angry fits at others around him and while nothing would have me suspect he would be a killer, he was so self-absorbed that I had no doubt the second I heard he was fully guilty as it well appears.

Stuns me that so many want to blindly defend him when its known he shot his girl friend 4 times and even if you bought his ridiculous intruder story one would never fire at a locked door without confirming who was behind it. In the least one would shout, "Who is there? before firing a single bulletI actually suspect he will break down emotionally before trial is over as grief is already taking its toll and he either plea bargains or just confesses on the stand as if he has any hope of winning he has to be willing to testify.

6. Collapse Details
    Would throwing up in a court room "normally" result in a mis-trial?

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by KDFINE
    Would throwing up in a court room "normally" result in a mis-trial?
    It depends on who you threw up over. The Judge? "Off with your head!" The Prosecutor? Cheers all round. The defense Lawyer? Get a new lawyer.

8. Collapse Details
    Throwing up would appear to be an attempt to gain sympathy, as in "look, at poor me, I'm so sickened by what happened!"
    I'm not following the trial but can't help but notice the headlines. Is this a trial by jury or by a tribunal of judges?

9. Collapse Details
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by valleyrunner
    user 4 there is no death penalty in South Africa so he will suffer even worse if convicted as he should be, life left in jail forever thinking of what he didů.
    except he probably won't spend "forever"; i'm thinking they'll have a tough time getting premeditated out of what seems to this observer more like a "crime of passion"

<<In South Africa, premeditated murder carries a mandatory life sentence, with a minimum of 25 years. Pistorius also could get five years for each gun indictment and 15 years for the firearms charge.
    If he isn't convicted of premeditated murder, the sprinter could face a lesser charge of culpable homicide, a crime based on negligence, and could be looking at up to 15 years on that charge, experts said. >>

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by KDFINE
    Throwing up would appear to be an attempt to gain sympathy, as in "look, at poor me, I'm so sickened by what happened!"
    I'm not following the trial but can't help but notice the headlines. Is this a trial by jury or by a tribunal of judges?
    No juries in South Africa.