Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    So how long before a big track meet in Indiana...
    Yes, THAT is what I'm talking about.
    I'm proud to say that Indiana has surpassed Alabama in it's "forward thinking".
    But I know that you guys are better than this. We have assholes for governor down here, too.

Take it from George Takei...
    https://www.facebook.com/georgehtake...12142508815200

2. Collapse Details

Administrator

3. Collapse Details

Max Siegel now joining the chorus.

4. Collapse Details

In a totally futile gesture, MoveOn has started a Recall petition for Governor Spence. ( I signed it.)

5. Collapse Details

It's really strange because on the one hand, you have something like this law being passed, while much of corporate American, as well as the Federal government, bends over backwards to push "diversity and inclusion" or whatever the catch phrase of the day might be.

There are all kinds of drawbacks to this law besides all of the LGBT issues. The implications are mind-boggling, given the possibilities for discrimination based upon "religious issues".

I guess we might just as well call this a "freedom to hate" law.

6. Collapse Details

Please remember that this is Indiana, the same state where the Republican poobahs and their right wing primary electorate turned their backs on one of the finest statesmen in recent US history, Richard Lugar.

7. Collapse Details

The hullabaloo over this is so overwhelmingly stupid. The Indiana law is virtually a carbon copy of a federal law that was introduced in Congress by Chuck Schumer, passed unanimously (!!!) in the house, and the Senate bill, introduced by Ted Kennedy passed by a 97-3 voice vote, and Bill Clinton signed it into law.

Putting aside the fake controversy, business owners should be given absolute discretion as to who they do business with, no matter how sinister their motivations are. Nothing about this law says that the government, in its official capacity should be allowed to discriminate in any way.

My litmus test for this law is this: Should a Jewish restaurant owner be forced to serve a person with Nazi tattoos on their face? I think the answer to that is pretty obvious.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dukehjsteve View Post
    In a totally futile gesture, MoveOn has started a Recall petition for Governor Spence. ( I signed it.)
    The petition seems to have worked. He's now referring to himself as Governor Pence. :-)

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    The petition seems to have worked. He's now referring to himself as Governor Pence. :-)

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)
    OOPS ! ( Maybe it is Mal, Mal or Mel ) ( That's trivia for you...)

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JumboElliott View Post
    The hullabaloo over this is so overwhelmingly stupid. The Indiana law is virtually a carbon copy of a federal law that was introduced in Congress by Chuck Schumer, passed unanimously (!!!) in the house, and the Senate bill, introduced by Ted Kennedy passed by a 97-3 voice vote, and Bill Clinton signed it into law.

Putting aside the fake controversy, business owners should be given absolute discretion as to who they do business with, no matter how sinister their motivations are. Nothing about this law says that the government, in its official capacity should be allowed to discriminate in any way.

My litmus test for this law is this: Should a Jewish restaurant owner be forced to serve a person with Nazi tattoos on their face? I think the answer to that is pretty obvious.
    This entire posting now starts its trip to oblivion...