Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    When millennials run the workplace

2. Collapse Details

I think my generation was far worse - hippies who rebel at everything. We turned out 'OK'.

3. Collapse Details

Every generation is the same. And they get the same reactions from previous generations. Working in the Internet I work and meet a ton of millenials. Some work hard, some don't, some play hard, some don't, some overshare, some don't; same as the Boomers and Gen X.

4. Collapse Details

"What's the pre-cooked weight on that lab?"
    The sheer amount of self-absorbed grabassery is the major difference. Look at me! Look at me! Here's what I ate for lunch! Look at me!

That, and this generation is the first to have easy access to something that allows absolute time wasting 24/7.

You kids get off my lawn.

5. Collapse Details

"Every generation. Blames the one before. And all of their frustrations. Come beating on your door."

B.A.Robertson for Mike and the Mechanics

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    The sheer amount of self-absorbed grabassery is the major difference. Look at me! Look at me! Here's what I ate for lunch! Look at me!
    It's not everybody. There are people and always have been people who are self-absorbed. That isn't new. What is new are the tools. Now they can promote what they ate or where they were married or the concert or game they're at more efficiently.

The best part is these people self-identify and now you can ignore them from the comfort of your couch.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    You kids get off my lawn.
    Too funny.

Now that I'm pushing 60, recently moved and don't like change, I try to find service providers (GP doctors, dentists, etc.) who look like they have 30 years of career ahead of them so that I probably won't have to change again. Hopefully I find ones who at least paid attention in school.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bad hammy View Post
    Hopefully I find ones who at least paid attention in school.
    My fear is that my doctor passed Medical School with a B average, but got a D in the course which covered what I have!

9. Collapse Details

Ill offer the apparently bold opinion that some generations are markedly better than others. Better as defined by, all things considered, making life better for succeeding generations. The differences can be drastic even over a few generations.

10. Collapse Details

I can't tell you how many conversations I've had with fellow parents of young(er) kids where we're mystified and amazed at Millennial behavior, and what's more, the parents who ALLOWED/CREATED them.

My wife is a counselor at a local University and she's been counseling for 11 years now. This was the first year of her life where she's gotten burnt out on the constant whining and complaints of a generation that has had everything spoon-fed to them, and then when they get to college want that spoon-feeding to continue. They want Professors to GIVE them the grades they THINK they deserve, not the grades they EARNED. The smallest thing knocks them of the rails.

I'll admit that there are Millennials that break the mold, we have a number of great guys on our Fire Dept. under the age of 33 or so, but we also have a great deal of trouble with laziness, phone addiction, weird affectations and so on.
    Last edited by scottmitchell74; 05-19-2016 at 02:20 PM.
    You there on the bike, sell me one of your melons!