Thread: Birdman (??!!)

1. Collapse Details
    Birdman (??!!)
    Anyone else see this Michael Keaton movie? It's blowing up on the must-see lists. It's a Metacritic darling with the critics and MK is on the fast-track for an Oscar nom. The wife and I saw it . . . it's super-weird . . . and pretentious, but yeah, it's fascinating. It looks like one long tracking shot (though you can make out where the cuts are) and the principles (e.g., Edward Norton, Emma Stone, Zach Galifianakis (surprisingly under-stated) and Naomi Watts) are all first-rate.
    I can't decide if I enjoyed it or just admire it's chutzpah and technical merit.
    The biggest weakness is that you can always tell they're 'acting', even though only a small part of it is a 'play-within-a-play', i.e., they putting on a Broadway production.
    It's going to be one of those Academy Award faves that no one saw.

2. Collapse Details

For some reason this movie/film has just not bobbed my cork.

3. Collapse Details

The wife and I really enjoyed this movie. As Atticus mentioned, the camerawork is entertaining in its own right, as was the unusual soundtrack - almost all drums. An all-drum soundtrack doesn't sound that interesting to me, but this one was excellent.

The Academy folks will love it: its about acting & comebacks, starring a guy who could use a comeback.

4. Collapse Details

getting great reviews