Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Penn State/State Pen [split]
    ???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Meanwhile, not looking so good for Penn State...pretty horrible stuff...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/co ... 3686.story

2. Collapse Details
    Re: 2011 College Football
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary
    Meanwhile, not looking so good for Penn State...pretty horrible stuff...
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/co ... 3686.story
    When are authority figures going to realize that ratting out subordinates is a GOOD thing when the subordinates are rats already?

3. Collapse Details
    On the Penn State stuff and JoePa, it was my impression that long-time Penn State track/XC coach Harry Groves was not a big fan of his fellow coach. I suspect one-time T&FNews poster malmo and Penn State alum would know a lot more about this (the Harry Groves opinion).

I think it makes it more likely that Penn State concludes the JoePa era soon, and I have not been impressed with the tenor of the head guy (Spanier, or is JoePa the head guy?

[Earlier, Penn State President Graham Spanier said Curley and Schultz have his "unconditional support."

"I have complete confidence in how they have handled the allegations about a former university employee," he said, adding that the charges are "groundless.").

4. Collapse Details
    ???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235
    On the Penn State stuff and JoePa, it was my impression that long-time Penn State track/XC coach Harry Groves was not a big fan of his fellow coach. I suspect one-time T&FNews poster malmo and Penn State alum would know a lot more about this (the Harry Groves opinion).

I think it makes it more likely that Penn State concludes the JoePa era soon, and I have not been impressed with the tenor of the head guy (Spanier, or is JoePa the head guy?

[Earlier, Penn State President Graham Spanier said Curley and Schultz have his "unconditional support."

"I have complete confidence in how they have handled the allegations about a former university employee," he said, adding that the charges are "groundless.").
    Yea, of course...with stuff that makes the Ohio State controversy look like nothing at all...

"In the fall of 2000, according to prosecutors, a janitor found Sandusky in the showers of the football building performing oral sex on a young boy pinned against a wall. The janitor, distraught, told a fellow employee that he had seen people killed in the Korean War, but that he had just seen something he would never forget. The employee thought the janitor was at risk of a heart attack.

In the end, no report was made, not by the janitor or the fellow employee he had told, both of whom, according to prosecutors, worried about their job security. And not by the janitorís supervisor, who also had been informed."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/07/sport ... nted=print

5. Collapse Details
    In the end, no report was made, not by the janitor or the fellow employee he had told, both of whom, according to prosecutors, worried about their job security. And not by the janitorís supervisor, who also had been informed."
    The whole Snitch proscription totally escapes me. It's actually seen as a code of honor violation in some places.

6. Collapse Details
    I think the technical name for this is "cover up".

7. Collapse Details
    The janitor, distraught, told a fellow employee that he had seen people killed in the Korean War, but that he had just seen something he would never forget. The employee thought the janitor was at risk of a heart attack.

What I don't understand is how could someone who sees something that horrific just sit on it. How could he even sleep at night? Wouldn't peace of mind compel most folks to come forward even if their sense or justice didn't?

8. Collapse Details
    Re: Penn State/State Pen [split]
    Strava, racking KOMs https://tinyurl.com/qf2ntch
    The grand jury report does not make for easy reading

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploaded ... ntment.pdf

Paterno lost me when he says the then-grad assistant(now full assistant coach) did not tell him any details of what he witnessed Sandusky doing to the kid in that shower. Bullshit.

9. Collapse Details
    From top ( Prez, AD, Paterno) to bottom this thing stinks to high heaven.... looks like the cover up to end all cover ups. Many, many heads to roll here, from top to bottom.

10. Collapse Details
    I find that I am interested in what people here have to say on this topic.

I am pretty sure this would have played out a bit differently in Madison, but I could be wrong.