1. Collapse Details
    Dale Hansen on Greg Hardy and the Dallas Cowboys
    http://www.wfaa.com/story/sports/dal...cept/25002327/

Same guy who got a bit of attention for weighing in on the Michael Sam saga.

2. Collapse Details

Well done.
    A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact.

Thomas Henry Huxley

3. Collapse Details

I don't know what this guy said about Michael Sam and don't see the relevance but I agree,the Cowboys tolerate some despicable players.. any man who beats a woman, no matter how provoked, forfeits his place in polite society and professional sports.
    Just my opinion.

4. Collapse Details

I view athletes the same way I view other people in the entertainment industry, such as musicians, comedians and actors. I don't view them the same way I view politcians, grade school teachers and religious ministers, whom I hold to a higher moral standard than I hold entertainers. I can think of several athletes and entertainers whose work I admire, who I wouldn't even want living in my neighborhood, much less come over to my house for beer and barbecue.

"If character mattered, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year." - Bobby Bowden

"Just win baby." - Al Davis

"I am not a role model. I am not paid to be a role model. I am paid to reak havoc on the basketball court". Charles Barkley

5. Collapse Details

I reject the idea that athletic excellence and basic human decency should be mutually exclusive.
    A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact.

Thomas Henry Huxley

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    I reject the idea that athletic excellence and basic human decency should be mutually exclusive.
    They aren't mutally exclusive, but they also aren't inseperable either.

7. Collapse Details

I once had a fire in the home, so the wife calls 911, by the time they got there I had it out. When the paper (small town) ran the story, the fire department had put out the fire. I could ramble on and on about things we hear/read that simply aren't true. I have a book where the artist draws pictures of some great athletes along with a mini bio. There's a picture of Gale Sayers "The Kansas Hurricane". Ah...no...try "The Kansas Comet". Really could go on and on......

We don't know the total stories here with these guys, so unless we do know the whole story we can't just assume things. Now if a guy has a history of abusive behavior that's different. I'm all for giving these guys another shot at it, because we don't know it all.
    Last edited by Dickson; 03-21-2015 at 12:46 AM.