Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

How is that a choke when McPherson (sub-50) had a faster time than Williams-Mills going into the Final?
    Regards,
    toyracer

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by toyracer View Post
    How is that a choke when McPherson (sub-50) had a faster time than Williams-Mills going into the Final?
    I think she was a co-favorite, but primarily based on her early-season string of victories. Lately, others have been out-preforming her on the circuit, especially the top Americans.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by shivfan View Post
    "'For me, I hear about it but I donít really follow politics so I can't really comment unless I have the full details.' A Scottish journalist then stepped up to ask Bolt: 'Can I just ask you what your opinion is of an independence referendum on Scotland coming up in a couple of months' time. Have you got any thoughts?' 'I didnít even know that. I'm sorry,' Bolt laughed."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz38m1Z5k1R

LOL!
    I could not find the entire PC on video (only parts of it) but I did see the article yesterday and the photos with reactions/expressions Bolt had in response to the inane questions-hilarious!

4. Collapse Details

Unless I missed it, nobody mentioned the W10000m, which was a really entertaining race, went down to the wire between the Kenyans. I won't ruin it and tell you who won if you haven't seen it yet. definitely worth a watch.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by spammer View Post
    Unless I missed it, nobody mentioned the W10000m, which was a really entertaining race, went down to the wire between the Kenyans. I won't ruin it and tell you who won if you haven't seen it yet. definitely worth a watch.

Agree -- very entertaining stuff -- great racing!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cladthin View Post
    He may well be correct about being too big (recall Dave Laut back in the 80s who threw his best after dropping quite a bit of weight) but my immediate impression is losing that much weight in a short time span might not be a great move-has to negatively affect both strength levels and kinesthetic awareness. This might have been a better move for the off-season but maybe it will work out well for him.
    It doesn't appear to have done Wruck huge favours. Only managed 59.02 in qualifying. Will probably still get through as he was 4th in his pool.

7. Collapse Details

Nijel Amos ran Rudisha down!

8. Collapse Details

Glad to see Amos is not appearing to be a flash in the pan, like he might have a long term high quality career.

Rudisha's still short on races isn't he? I think this might be about his third meet for this season. He might be ready to get closer to previous form (though not peak of course) in the next 3 or so weeks?

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cladthin View Post
    Glad to see Amos is not appearing to be a flash in the pan, like he might have a long term high quality career.

Rudisha's still short on races isn't he? I think this might be about his third meet for this season. He might be ready to get closer to previous form (though not peak of course) in the next 3 or so weeks?
    It was his seventh race and fifth final this year. He's actually leading the Diamond Race ahead of Amos. True, his performances in two of those five meetings were pretty forgettable *smiley face*

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LopenUupunut View Post
    It was his seventh race and fifth final this year. He's actually leading the Diamond Race ahead of Amos. True, his performances in two of those five meetings were pretty forgettable *smiley face*
    Okay, thanks. I looked it up on the IAAF list but only found 3 or 4 races but obviously did not look down the list enough.