well spoken

2. Collapse Details

The Jenny McCarthy Body Count tracker
    http://www.jennymccarthybodycount.co...ount/Home.html

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Brown View Post
    The Jenny McCarthy Body Count tracker
    http://www.jennymccarthybodycount.co...ount/Home.html

On the above website is an "Anti-vaccine history" tab. Most instructive, I learned a lot.
    A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact.

Thomas Henry Huxley

4. Collapse Details

Fortunately, this appears to be a spoof:

http://www.clickhole.com/blogpost/my...children-t-653

Headline: My Doctor Told Me I Should Vaccinate My Children, But Then Someone Much Louder Than My Doctor Told Me I Shouldn’t

5. Collapse Details

Ebola epidemic is all over the news. Just like the viral scourges of the past (smallpox, measles...), the answer is in developing a vaccine. The sooner the better.

Thomas Henry Huxley

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    "make an informed, educated, decision about what is best for us"

I'm sure you do, but for every one of you who does that, there are hundreds/thousands of morons who make uninformed and uneducated decisions based on superstition/rumormongering/whatever.

For this reason, I believe in the government making ALL such medical decisions for all people. The populace as a whole isn't up to that level of decision-making, and, in IMHO, when bright people like you fight it, you only feed the ignorant masses. No offense, but as a bacteriology/public health major back in the day, I just can't view it any other way.

The internet is the worst thing that ever happened to the general health of the public.
    The weakness with your approach is that it is perfectly suited to a populace that is illiterate and uneducated. It actually encourages and promulgates illiteracy and dependency. It therefore turbo charges the social need for greater and greater centralized control. The results are a vast population incapable of learning and incapable of self sufficiency in even the most basic of their material needs. A well fed and medicated population dependent on government for their every need, from their medical to their food. And since ultimately the government draws its resources to provide such materials from the population it is a risky thing to expect it to be able to provide for a population that is increasingly unable to provide for itself. Civilizations can deteriorate. I know of no great civilization that was founded on a population of illiterate dependent fools.
    Last edited by user4; 09-17-2014 at 05:02 PM.

7. Collapse Details

A most informative article in TIME. To see the whole spiel online, you have to be a subscriber. Highly recommended.

http://time.com/3429650/why-the-anti...ont-fade-away/

Thomas Henry Huxley

8. Collapse Details

Watch: lotsa people who won't vaccinate their kids now will soon be falling all over themselves to develop and use an Ebola immunization.
    The only ones who won't be eager for a vaccine will be the nutjobs who believe Ebola does not exist or was fabricated as some sort of illuminati conspiracy.