Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by guru

Posted already, but here's a nice synopsis.

http://www.mercola.com/article/vaccines ... ession.htm
    Sorry, but I place osteopaths right up there with phrenologists in the level of medical quackery.

Ask a real doctor.

edited to note that I hyperbolized in my original post; it's homeopaths who are with phrenologists; osteopaths are on a slightly lesser level of hell

2. Collapse Details

I'm not sure I would trust such a source when they write:
    Allopathy depresses important body functions, while making the body more toxic. Naturopathy helps the body eliminate toxins while supporting the body's immune functions.
    That sounds like an agenda driven statement.

Another thing that struck me is quotes from scientists/doctors in the early 20th centrury.
    "I never saw cancer in an un-vaccinated person."

Dr W B Clarke, circa 1909
    I know little about the immune system but reading that article makes me think that they are exaggerating the size of any immune suppression, especially with respect to weakening ones immune system to a point where it cannot function effectively.
    Knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jhc68
    I don't think anti-vaccine people are neanderthals. They are parasites playing the odds. The mentality is that there is no need for them to be immunized because everyone else will.

Me. I'm old enough to have been in the first generation to get polio shots. It was a common thing in the 1950's to know people in "iron lungs" (youngeer posters won't know what the hell I'm referring to, lucky for them). When reminders of the reasons for vaccinations disappear then it is easy to discount the need for them.

Bingo. People crying out about how 1/1 million people may suffer some moderate adverse reaction forget that the shot they're getting probably protects against one of the diseases that used to infect half the population, while killing a significant percentage of those infected.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh
    [....
    Wrong. My mentality is taking vaccines on a regular basis does much more harm than good. Like any body process, the immune system needs to be used or it will grow weaker. ...

Holy shit! And just what mechanism is that you think the vaccine process initiates if it isn't the immune system???

Guru, citing Mercola when trying to make a valid medical argument is like citing Britney Spears when trying to make a valid musical argument.

Furthermore, Mercola is as agenda-driven as they come, and full of garbage, to put it nicely.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy

Another thing that struck me is quotes from scientists/doctors in the early 20th centrury.
    "I never saw cancer in an un-vaccinated person."

Dr W B Clarke, circa 1909

I found that hilarious and horrifying at the same time. The fact is, people who don't know any better will read that and think it's not an idiotic statement.

6. Collapse Details

Strava, racking KOMs https://tinyurl.com/qf2ntch
    I'm certainly not saying I subscribe to that 1909 quote. But it's an undeniable fact that a healthy, fully charged immune system plays a vital role in cancer prevention. Just ask any AIDS patient.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHurdler
    People crying out about how 1/1 million people may suffer some moderate adverse reaction forget that the shot they're getting probably protects against one of the diseases that used to infect half the population, while killing a significant percentage of those infected.
    I suspect most of them aren't forgetting. It's just something they never knew.

8. Collapse Details

I'm certainly not saying I subscribe to that 1909 quote. But it's an undeniable fact that a healthy, fully charged immune system plays a vital role in cancer prevention. Just ask any AIDS patient.
    The major thing that saves us from cancer is apoptosis, the ability of unregulated cells to undergo programmed cell death. That happens regularly in our bodies and spews plenty of DNA/RNA/protein into our system.
    Knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman
    Quote Originally Posted by BisonHurdler
    People crying out about how 1/1 million people may suffer some moderate adverse reaction forget that the shot they're getting probably protects against one of the diseases that used to infect half the population, while killing a significant percentage of those infected.
    I suspect most of them aren't forgetting. It's just something they never knew.

True. Speaking of ignorance, someone else (a chiropractor friend of mine) pointed me in the direction of another Mercola article a few weeks ago that had to do with vaccines. Reading the comments/discussion at the bottom was kind of scary. I distinctly remember one lady asking [paraphrased since I don't have the exact souce]:

"My teenage son's best friend just got the meningitis vaccine because he's heading to college. Is it safe for my son to be around him since he can probably catch meningitis from him for the next few days?"

10. Collapse Details

Strava, racking KOMs https://tinyurl.com/qf2ntch