Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SQUACKEE
    I'll take my chances, dont trust some big agency sticking some crap in me, just dont.
    Nor do I. But I do trust my personal physician, and if he recommends sticking something in me, I'm going to trust him, as I always have. He'll be the one doing the sticking, not "some big agency."

2. Collapse Details

Strava, racking KOMs https://tinyurl.com/qf2ntch
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlow
    Quote Originally Posted by guru
    You wouldn't want to be the person born after several generations of ancestors who were vaccinated for every bug that came along. Trust me.
    There's plenty of pathogens to go around, and the reason snot-nosed kids are so snotty is because there are so many things we can't or don't prevent. Things like mumps, measles, and even flu do NOT need to be experienced if we can prevent them.

Just googled this up for you.

http://www.mercola.com/article/vaccines ... ession.htm

3. Collapse Details

I don't think anti-vaccine people are neanderthals. They are parasites playing the odds. The mentality is that there is no need for them to be immunized because everyone else will.

Me. I'm old enough to have been in the first generation to get polio shots. It was a common thing in the 1950's to know people in "iron lungs" (youngeer posters won't know what the hell I'm referring to, lucky for them). When reminders of the reasons for vaccinations disappear then it is easy to discount the need for them.

4. Collapse Details

Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles
    [quote="jhc68"]I don't think anti-vaccine people are neanderthals. They are parasites playing the odds. quote]

Ok, i'd rather be a neanderthal than a parasite. You all know why the neanderthals died out, right? They refused to get vaccines!
    phsstt!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jhc68
    I don't think anti-vaccine people are neanderthals. They are parasites playing the odds. The mentality is that there is no need for them to be immunized because everyone else will.
    Wrong. My mentality is taking vaccines on a regular basis does much more harm than good. Like any body process, the immune system needs to be used or it will grow weaker.

Me. I'm old enough to have been in the first generation to get polio shots. It was a common thing in the 1950's to know people in "iron lungs" (youngeer posters won't know what the hell I'm referring to, lucky for them). When reminders of the reasons for vaccinations disappear then it is easy to discount the need for them.

Obviously there is a difference between getting immunized against a life-altering, or life threatening, disease like polio(which I support), and taking a yearly flu shot(s).

6. Collapse Details

I'm with guru on this. I have already stated in public that I openly dare any swine flu virus to invade my body.

7. Collapse Details

Administrator
    [....
    Wrong. My mentality is taking vaccines on a regular basis does much more harm than good. Like any body process, the immune system needs to be used or it will grow weaker. ...

Holy shit! And just what mechanism is that you think the vaccine process initiates if it isn't the immune system???

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh
    [....
    Wrong. My mentality is taking vaccines on a regular basis does much more harm than good. Like any body process, the immune system needs to be used or it will grow weaker. ...

Holy shit! And just what mechanism is that you think the vaccine process initiates if it isn't the immune system???

Posted already, but here's a nice synopsis.

http://www.mercola.com/article/vaccines ... ession.htm

9. Collapse Details

Isn't that like saying lifting weights makes us tired, so we shouldn't do it if we want to get stronger? The end result of the immunization is that we are stronger against THAT particular germ, but the rest of our immune system returns to normal after a while. That's how I read it, anyway.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Marlow
    Isn't that like saying lifting weights makes us tired, so we shouldn't do it if we want to get stronger?
    No, that's closer to what you and gh are saying.

My main point is you have an immune system for a reason. Getting sick occasionally helps keep it in tip-top shape. Being vaccinated regularly against things like the flu serve only to weaken the overall protection it gives to your body.