1. Collapse Details
    CELEBRATE Freedom Of Speech Weekend Here
    Administrator
    The "can't be a citizen" thread mentioned various freedoms enjoyed by Americans and some talk on which is greatest. I vote for freedom of speech.

Even though such is not allowed here! As in, this may be a democracy, but I retain 51% of the vote.

Not tomorrow. In honor of July 4th, I've created a new free-speech forum that will be open for approximately 24 hours. (I'll activate it before I got to bed tonite, close it tomorrow night.)

If you wanna talk the verboten topics of politics and religion, being as partisan as you like, feel free to do so. Just don't get personal.

And this freedom extends only to topics you choose to create on the new forum. It does NOT mean topics on in the regular fora.

I think it goes without saying that this new-found freedom will not include the right to toss around baseless (or even base-some) drug accusations. That remains a third rail which will fry you. As will things that are sexist or racist.

Have fun.

Edited because too many pinheads (all of whose posts have been removed) were completely incapable of understanding the original notification.

2. Collapse Details

Administrator
    A few weeks back somebody suggested that opening this up for the election made sense. So you've got a week to rant and rave all you like.

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    2009 free-speech window is open for a long weekend.

I stress this from the original post

I think it goes without saying that this new-found freedom will not include the right to toss around baseless (or even base-some) drug accusations. That remains a third rail which will fry you. As will things that are sexist or racist.

And let me add this: "free speech" does not include being rude to others.

4. Collapse Details
    Re: CELEBRATE Freedom Of Speech Weekend Here
    Administrator
    2011 is up and running, as a full long weekend, not the 1-day thing as in the original version.

Please note the admonitions as set down in the thread-starting note: this "free" shit only goes so far and the hammer will be quick to fall on those who violate the precepts.

5. Collapse Details
    Administrator
    what was true in 2011 is true today; with that in mind, have at it!

6. Collapse Details
    Administrator
    you guys done good yesterday! So much so that I'll leave the forum open at least another day.

7. Collapse Details
    Administrator
    and one of the quicker about-faces ever, I will now shut this forum down.

Things are taking a darker turn this morning, and with my needing to be at the Juniors most of the day, unable to watch over, this playground is now closed. With my now wishing I had shut it down last night.