Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Hobby Lobby's new ad
    This was in my paper today, and I must admit, it chafed me mightily:

http://www.hobbylobby.com/assets/pdf/ho ... /2013i.pdf

The misinformation here astounds me. Whatever happened to American trust in 'Freedom of Religion'? The anti-everything-but-Christian sentiment appalls me.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Hobby Lobby's new ad
    They left out that part where Jefferson edited out all of Jesus's miracles from the New Testament, or the ratified Treaty of Tripoli.

3. Collapse Details
    This kind of "piety" is pretty much exactly what the Founding Fathers did NOT have in mind.

The absurdity of a corporation being considered as a person just blows my mind. One of the SC's most outrageously bad decisions, which is saying something.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlow
    The anti-everything-but-Christian sentiment appalls me.
    From where I'm sitting, the world pretty much looks pro-everything-but-Christian. Pretty sure the founding fathers didn't intend for the rest of the country to shove all the Christians into a corner and tell them to shut up.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by pickle47
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlow
    The anti-everything-but-Christian sentiment appalls me.
    From where I'm sitting, the world pretty much looks pro-everything-but-Christian.
    Sit closer or have your glasses checked.

6. Collapse Details
    From where I'm sitting, the world pretty much looks pro-everything-but-Christian. Pretty sure the founding fathers didn't intend for the rest of the country to shove all the Christians into a corner and tell them to shut up.
    No one's telling anyone to shut up. Rather, don't use your religion as a basis for legislation.

7. Collapse Details
    My beef with the hobby lobby ruling is that if any other corporation tried the same thing (say a Muslim corporation ) the Christian rights head would explode.With this ruling there is no separation of church and state. Don't even get me started on "corporations are people"! :evil:

8. Collapse Details
    The First Amendment covers both Freedom of Religion and Freedom of Speech. If corporations are persons for one, they are for the other. If you want media companies to be free to make want ever films, editorials or books they wish, then you have to be consistent. Either corporations and their owners have rights or they don't.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Ryerson
    No one's telling anyone to shut up. Rather, don't use your religion as a basis for legislation.
    Doesn't everyone legislate out of their belief system? You are living out your belief system right now, just as I am and the rest of us on the board. Whether we like it/admit to it or not.

10. Collapse Details
    Marlow rolls in the grenade and calmly walks away... :twisted:
    You there on the bike, sell me one of you melons!